Snap On Dentures Las Vegas
Las Vegas snap on dentures are a comfortable alternative to traditional dentures. Many denture wearers complain of slipping and irritation, especially on the lower jaw. Conventional dentures require an adhesive to stay in place. The upper denture typically adheres very well, because the roof of the mouth provides a large surface area that creates suction and keeps the denture snug in the mouth. Lower dentures only have the gums to adhere to, causing frequent slipping and sliding, which can often lead to pain. This slippage also allows space for bacteria to grow. Unfortunately, these complaints often lead denture wearers to forgo putting in their teeth.
Dr. Kevin Khorshid of ABC Dental Implant Center Las Vegas provides patients with a way to keep their dentures snugly and comfortably in place. Snap on dentures give patients the confidence and freedom to wear their teeth all day, every day.
What Are Snap On Dentures?
Snap on dentures are anchored to the mouth through dental implants. Two or more implants are inserted into the jaw in the lower and/or upper arch. Your dentures “snap on” to those implants where they are held snugly all day.
Partial snap on dentures can also be used for patients who aren’t missing all of their teeth. Snap on partials work in the same way as full snap on dentures.
Benefits Of Snap On Dentures
Snap on dentures create a whole new world for patients with missing teeth.
Some of their benefits include:
- Ability to eat more foods – Snap on dentures can withstand more jaw pressure than conventional dentures, allowing patients to enjoy a wider variety of food.
- Speech isn’t affected – Your tongue won’t have to learn to work around your upper denture when you speak.
- Comfortable – Because snap on dentures don’t slide around on the gum, they do not irritate the mouth they way traditional dentures sometimes can.
- Help retain jaw bone – When your teeth are gone, your jaw shrinks. Think about how your great-grandmother looked when she took her teeth out. Having implants inserted into the jaw helps the bone keep its natural shape.
- No recurring expenses – You don’t have to spend money each month on adhesive creams or gels.
- Restored confidence – You don’t have to worry about your teeth falling out with snap on dentures. You can eat, laugh, and socialize just as you always did, without fear that anyone will notice you wear dentures.
- Look younger, longer – Because you’re more comfortable wearing your snap on dentures all day, every day, you can prevent the extra wrinkles that can form around the lips and mouth when teeth aren’t there to support them.
Am I A Candidate For Snap On Dentures?
Not everyone is able to take advantage of snap on dentures, but Dr. Kevin Khorshid of ABC Dental Implant Center Las Vegas is able to fit more people than ever before with this type of prosthetic. Dental implants are becoming stronger at the same time they are becoming smaller. Mini dental implants can be used to support dentures, so if other dentists have told you that you don’t have enough jaw bone to support implants, contact Dr. Khorshid. Some patients may require bone grafts to create extra support, but many patients can be fitted with mini implants that won’t require grafts in order to hold their snap on dentures in place.
Las Vegas Snap On Dentures Professional
ABC Dental Implant Center Las Vegas is a leader in tooth replacement. They provide patients with options that many never knew they had when it comes to dentures. If you currently wear dentures and are unhappy with the fit, or if you’ve been told by your dentist that you should begin to consider conventional dentures, contact ABC Dental Implant Center Las Vegas today. You can schedule a consultation to learn if you are candidate for Snap On Dentures Las Vegas